Ready to join an exceptional team?
Senior SolidWorks Machine Designer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Reports to: Vice President for R&D
The Company is seeking a Senior SolidWorks Machine Designer to prepare detail drawings of linear accelerator (LINAC) parts and components from rough or detailed sketches and notes. This position plans, designs, and coordinates the integration of parts and components into manufacturing processes with a high level of proficiency. Also encouraged is proficiency in simulation suite in Solidworks including thermal, fluid and structural simulations in static and time domains. The candidate will be capable of designing and troubleshooting complex mechanical functions while working independently to accurately layout a cross section of LINAC cavities, create detailed drawings for manufacturing and developing bills of material. The position of Senior SolidWorks Machine Designer will report to the Vice President of R&D and shall also support STS’s capital projects team on an as needed basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will develop engineering and equipment drawing packages supporting the design and manufacturing LINAC parts and components.
- Design and detail components, structures and assemblies using SolidWorks & AutoCAD (3D software) as related to the manufacture and assembly of specialized equipment
- Create 2D & 3D drawings and renderings of components, equipment, structures
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component and part designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery, using computer-assisted equipment
- Construct, run and analyze structural, fluid, and heat transfer simulations in Solidworks and Ansys suites
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems
- Design scale or full-size blueprints
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines
- Possess at a minimum a 2-year Associates Degree in Drafting
- Must have a minimum of five (5) consecutive years of experience as a designer/drafter
- Has exceptional experience with CADD tools (AutoCad, Solidworks, MasterCAM, etc)
- Must know how to use Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Possess a strong knowledge of mechanical manufacturing techniques including CNC machining
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate technical information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- General knowledge in manufacturing
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Ability to perform from oral or handwritten instructions
- Ability to read, write and understand English
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical capabilities include sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 20 lbs
- Must be willing to work overtime weekends, holidays and varying shifts as required
- Required to follow all quality system requirements for position and facility operations
- Required to comply with and ensure all general safety, OSHA, USDA/APHIS, FDA and State of Texas, and State of Georgia regulations for position and facility operations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter specifically noting the position you are applying for to email@example.com
ScanTech Sciences HQ
4940 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30071
Rio Grande Valley ECP™ Center
6800 South International Parkway
McAllen, TX 78503