Ready to join an exceptional team?
Senior Electronics, Instrument & Control Technician
Location: McAllen, TX
The Electronics Instrument & Control (E, I&C) Technician will be required to perform installations, basic design, calibration, preventive maintenance, monitoring, trouble shooting and repairs to instrumentation, SCADA control and electrical/electronic systems and associated components of facility equipment, processing equipment and utilities to support facility operations and maximize asset value.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all instrument, control, electronic and automation equipment as required.
- Trouble shoot problems in the event of instrument and equipment failure and recommend parts or solutions for effective repairs.
- Sets up, calibrates, tests, measures and repairs all types of electrical controls, instruments, and electronic components.
- Installs electronic, controls and instruments on existing or new facility equipment.
- Monitors and measures levels, pressures, temperatures, flow, and analytical processes.
- Consults and interprets operating and maintenance manuals, P &ID’s, diagrams, blueprints, schematics for the purpose of carrying out the duties of this position.
- Collects equipment operation history and data to facilitate reliability improvements.
- Assist facility technicians and engineers in trouble shooting and diagnostic analysis.
- Utilize precision measuring instruments, electronic schematics and basic facility tools as needed.
- Administer work order system and spare parts inventory as it relates to this position.
- Develops E, I&C operating procedures for facility equipment to ensure consistent and safe operation.
- Trains and develops other employees in performing preventive maintenance and routine equipment service activities as it relates to this position.
- Must follow all instruction related to Food Defense, Good Manufacturing Practices, and HACCP program. Everyone at STS is must report to the Food Safety Department or their direct supervisor any problem or irregular situation related to food safety.
- Responsible for proper use of all mixing chemicals used in the maintenance process, cleaning/sanitation procedure.
- Maintain logs and documents related with food safety. Keeping all MSDS information for the product that they use.
- Must be willing to work overtime weekends, holidays and varying shifts as required
- Required to follow all quality system requirements for position and facility operations
- Required to comply with and ensure all general safety, OSHA, USDA/APHIS, FDA and State of Texas regulations for position and facility operations.
- Preferred: Associate’s Degree or higher in Instrumentation & Controls and/or equivalent demonstrated strong instrumentation and control background with the ability to troubleshoot instrument/control problems.
- Preferred: Certified Control System Technician (CCST) or other accredited I&C Systems certification
- High School diploma, technical school and/or military training and experience in relevant field
- 6+ years of manufacturing or facility work with demonstrated experience in pneumatic, mechanical and electrical instrumentation, controls, automation and calibrations.
- Power background experienced with high voltage three phase in service and motor control areas
- Journeyman level Electrician license a plus.
- Demonstrated experienced as Supervisor or Crew Leader a plus.
- PLC programming experience a plus
- Experience with automation systems, PLC’s, HMI’s, SCADA systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job
The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position most of the time. The employee must be able to move from location to location, operate, detect, diagnose, remove, install, modify, use and control machinery, equipment and tools in work environment. Constantly positions self to maintain, operate and assess equipment, including underneath, inside, beside and above. Must be able to frequently ascend and descend spiraling staircases and work in confined spaces. Must be able to communicate, detect, discern and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This job includes close vision and adjusting focus to detect, discern, operate and inspect. The employee is regularly exposed to energized electrical gear, moving mechanical parts, tools and vehicles. Is occasionally exposed to low permissible levels of ionizing radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Constant work temperature averages 41F.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter specifically noting the position you are applying for to Susanshelley@outsourcedresource.net
ScanTech Sciences HQ
4940 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30071
Rio Grande Valley ECP™ Center
6800 South International Parkway
McAllen, TX 78503