Ready to join an exceptional team?
Radio-frequency / Pulse-power (RF/PP) Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Reports to: Vice President of R&D
ScanTech is seeking a RF/PP Engineer to develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems related to the design, integration and test of radio frequency and pulse-power electro-mechanical sub-systems that will be integrated in the company’s patented and proprietary Electronic Cold-Pasteurization (ECP™) systems. This position requires frequent interaction and coordination with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, scientists and a wide variety of support staff. Using a variety of software tools, the candidate will be involved in all stages of electro-mechanical design that span the full range of the design process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will assist in designing, engineering, prototyping, producing, testing, commissioning and maintaining RF/PP components of the company’s (ECP™) systems. The candidate will be expected to generate concepts, develop and analyze designs, test prototypes, and integrate subsystems.
- Participate in the various RF/PP design collaborations
- Coordinate of prototyping, production and commissioning phases of various RF/PP subsystems
- Build relationships with commercial and research partners in the particle accelerator community
- Evaluate risks and costs linked to the RF/PP systems from design to maintenance
- Lead the continuous improvement process with a high focus on reliability aspects
- Design of RF/PP subsystems including vacuum, pressurized gas, hydraulic and control systems
- Bachelor’ engineering degree in engineering preferably with a focus on electronics and/or electrical engineering
- Graduate engineering degree (desired)
- Professional engineering background (industrial or research) in an R&D environment is an advantage
- Experience in high frequency RF and digital signal processing is a major advantage
- Experience in designing and engineering power RF systems is an advantage, in particular accelerator RF technology
- Experience with Solidworks CAD solids modeling tools, analysis tools
- Experience with tolerance analysis and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing applications
- Specific experience in high power microwave systems, pulsed power systems experimentation and data analyses, diagnostic instrumentation and vacuum equipment
- Experience leading diverse teams of engineers and technicians across broad areas of expertise
- Experience leading testing on components, subsystems and systems
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to present material to customers and leadership
- Expertise in electrical/structural design, sub-systems packaging, thermal, vibration and electrical analysis
- Proficiency with ANSYS FEA and CFD tools
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Pushing, pulling, climbing, and lifting
- Exposure to radiation, electric and magnetic fields
- Gripping with the hands, twisting the trunk or back, crawling, climbing stairs, applying torque with hands or arms, carrying 30+ pounds, lifting 30+ pounds.
- Work near sources of ionizing radiation, in confined spaces and around toxic chemicals and carcinogens
- Use of safety shoes or protective footgear, safety glasses or eye protection, gloves or hand protection, headgear or head protection, mask or respirator
- Working overtime or irregular schedules.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter specifically noting the position you are applying for to email@example.com
ScanTech Sciences HQ
4940 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30071
Rio Grande Valley ECP™ Center
6800 South International Pkwy
McAllen, TX 78503