Ready to join an exceptional team?
Process Operator – McAllen ECP™ Treatment Facility
Location: McAllen, Texas
Reports to: Facility Operations Manager or ECP Shift Supervisor
Operates Electronic Cold-Pasteurization (ECP) systems to assure proper processing of products in accordance with written procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for shift production performance, safety, and security
- Adjusts controls and operates ECP systems in accordance with written procedures.
- Monitors critical operating parameters to ensure proper ECP equipment operation and product processing
- Processes products in compliance with USDA/ CBP/ FDA and SOP specifications
- Supports Lead Dosimetrist/ Dosimetry staff in the processing of dosimeters to ensure proper dose
- Supports Quality Assurance staff in the processing of tests
- Reads job specifications to determine equipment adjustments and material requirements
- Observes production operation to detect product defects or equipment malfunction
- Verifies product dimensions to assure accuracy of ECP system operation
- Assists maintenance & engineering staff in performing preventative maintenance and repairs
- Responsible for taking proper action in case of an emergency situations
- Completes work orders as assigned by supervisor
- Completes preventative maintenance as assigned by supervisor
- Facilitates visitor tours of ECP system operations
- Required to follow all quality system requirements for position and facility operations
- Required to comply with and ensure all general safety, OSHA, USDA/APHIS, FDA and State of Texas regulations for position and facility operations
- B.S. in math, science, or engineering a plus
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must speak English. Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- Experience with electrical and/ or RF systems a plus
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations and accurately record data
- Must have common sense and understanding to carry out simple and complex instructions and ability to troubleshoot various situations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other team members and employees
- Must be willing to work overtime weekends, holidays and varying shifts as required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must be able to successfully complete Dosimetry training/certification
- Must be able to successfully complete ECP system (LINAC) training/ certification
Regularly works around moving mechanical parts and outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times.
Must be able to move objects up to 50 lbs., use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Must be able to work in cold temperatures, Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina. Needs to be able to work in confined spaces.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter specifically noting the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org
ScanTech Sciences HQ
4940 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30071
Rio Grande Valley ECP™ Center
6800 South International Parkway
McAllen, TX 78503