Ready to join an exceptional team?
Mechnaical Design Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Reports to: Director Mechanical Engineering
The Company is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to take on the primary responsibility of producing mechanical, electrical and structural design drawings and technical specifications for patented and proprietary ECP™ systems, equipment, components and structures. The position of Mechanical Design Engineer will report to the Director of Mechanical Engineering and shall support STS’s capital projects team. The candidate will be expected to participate in all phases of the project cycle, including but not limited to design, construction, manufacturing, installation, testing, commissioning and follow-up support of its operational facilities on an as needed basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will develop engineering design and equipment manufacturing drawing packages, evaluate and document the selection and manufacturability of equipment, components and instrumentation and review subcontractor and vendor submittals that pertain to STS’ ECP™ technology and processes.
- Design and detail components, structures and assemblies using SolidWorks & AutoCAD (3D software) as related to the manufacture and assembly of specialized ECP™ equipment
- Create 2D & 3D drawings and renderings of ECP™ components, equipment, structures
- Develop innovative designs that meet or exceed requirements and expectations
- Design and detail component parts and assemblies to meet the specific needs and design intent specifications
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for equipment in the concept stage of development
- Select cost effective, reliable design components and coordinate with purchasing for timely delivery
- Assist in development and maintenance of accurate Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Process release of drawings and BOMs for manufacturing, as well as review and approval of changes.
- Perform self-check and peer review of drawings and BOMs prior to release to ensure accuracy
- Execute revisions to BOMs and drawings per redlines and feedback from Manufacturing and Engineering
- Analyze manufacturing design tolerances for fabrication and assembly.
- Participate as an active member of development team
- Demonstrate a willingness to work with others
- Hands-on involvement in verifying form, fit and function of designs
- Has a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) from an ABET accredited institution
- Has three to five (3-5) years of mechanical design experience including design for manufacturability, prototyping and integration of precision systems and equipment
- Has exceptional experience with CADD tools (AutoCad, Solidworks, etc) and Engineering Document Management (EDM) software
- Has machine manufacturing design experience (preferred)
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Exceptional ability to use SolidWorks to create drawings is highly desired
- Ability to use PC'S to do conventional word processing, navigate the Internet, and utilize internal systems for drawing access, component tracking, email, etc.
- Ability to perform from oral or handwritten instructions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to read, write and understand English
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical capabilities include sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 20 lbs
- Must be willing to work overtime weekends, holidays and varying shifts as required
- Required to follow all quality system requirements for position and facility operations
- Required to comply with and ensure all general safety, OSHA, USDA/APHIS, FDA and State of Texas regulations for position and facility operations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter specifically noting the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org
ScanTech Sciences HQ
4940 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30071
Rio Grande Valley ECP™ Center
6800 South International Parkway
McAllen, TX 78503