Ready to join an exceptional team?
Location: McAllen, TX
Oversees the general maintenance and repair of facility, equipment and grounds. This position facilitates and identifies maintenance improvement opportunities. Develops, and implements appropriate programs to measurably improve equipment reliability and ultimately enhance operations productivity. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive plant reliability strategy. This strategy includes improving maintenance methods and enhancing maintenance practices. Work includes the organization of facility engineers, skilled tradesmen, helpers and laborers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs workers engaged in building small structures or in altering, repairing and painting existing buildings; plans, layout, and assigns duties to subordinates; checks to assure established specifications are met
- Oversees the maintenance and repair of plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, instrument controls and other equipment
- Supervises the maintenance of grounds and outside structures
- Prepares work reports concerning types of repairs made, materials used, and cost of completed work assignments; purchases parts, tools and supplies.
- Maintains inventory of materials and equipment
- Performs related work as required.
- Provide and execute detailed plans coordinating maintenance activities and maintenance of all facility equipment
- Supervise maintenance activities in support of a daily production.
- Coordinates all reliability improvement efforts with operations, maintenance and fellow managers to gain consensus on reliability strategy.
- Reviews the equipment files, equipment historical records, and preventive maintenance inspections to ensure thoroughness of work.
- Defines and implements a spare parts strategy that defines a program to approve storeroom spare parts.
- Establishes and justifies a reliability program budget covering predictive maintenance, preventative maintenance, technician and operator training, and application of new reliability technologies.
- Coordinates with the Engineering team on all new installations, maintainability and modifications.
- Ensures spare parts lists, equipment manuals, and prints are provided for all new installations and that they are consistent with established standards
- Assists in the prioritization or work orders to ensure preventive maintenance work is completed on a timely basis and critical corrective maintenance is accomplished in a timely basis.
- Optimizes equipment performance by systematically designing and developing and refining the preventive and predictive maintenance program.
- Assist in securing qualified outsourced service providers such as welders, machine shops, trash, waste management, janitorial and sanitation services.
- Develop and implement department policy, training, safety, coordinates maintenance requirements with production.
- Responsible for providing a framework for a safe working environment and insuring compliance with all safety rules.
- Must report to the Food Safety Department any problem or irregular situation at their work location.
- Responsible for proper use of all mixing chemicals used in the maintenance process, cleaning/sanitation procedure.
- Maintain logs and documents related with food safety. Keeping all MSDS information for the product that they use.
- To train employees or assure employees are trained annually or as needed in the usage of Food Grade and Non-Food Grade chemicals used in the facility, periodic inspections, chemical inventory, chemical storage, chemicals and supplies request and receiving. To verify logs and documents related with Food Safety are being filled out and kept in a clean and orderly way.
- Must be willing to work overtime weekends, holidays and varying shifts as required
- Required to follow all quality system requirements for position and facility operations
- Required to comply with and ensure all general safety, OSHA, USDA/APHIS, FDA and State of Texas regulations for position and facility operations.
- Possess a Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BS) from an ABET accredited institution
- 7+ years experience in the building trades, building maintenance and repair work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience preferred
- 7+ years of building maintenance and construction practices and methods preferred
- 7+ year of standard skilled trade operations and repair methods preferred
- 10+ years of experience with materials and tools used in landscaping and building work
- Ability to plan and direct the work of skilled and semi-skilled workers
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches and detailed drawings
- Ability to inspect building maintenance and construction work for adherence to plans, specifications, codes and work orders
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates and other employees
- Must have a common sense and understanding to carry out simple and complex instructions and ability to troubleshoot various situations
- Must be willing to work overtime and possible shifts as required
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job
The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position most of the time. The employee must be able to move from location to location, operate, detect, diagnose, remove, install, modify, use and control machinery, equipment and tools in work environment. Constantly positions self to maintain, operate and assess equipment, including underneath, inside, beside and above. Must be able to frequently ascend and descend spiraling staircases and work in confined spaces. Must be able to communicate, detect, discern and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This job includes close vision and adjusting focus to detect, discern, operate and inspect. The employee is regularly exposed to energized electrical gear, moving mechanical parts, tools and vehicles. Is occasionally exposed to low permissible levels of ionizing radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Constant work temperature averages 41F.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter specifically noting the position you are applying for to email@example.com
ScanTech Sciences HQ
4940 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30071
Rio Grande Valley ECP™ Center
6800 South International Parkway
McAllen, TX 78503