Ready to join an exceptional team?
Location: McAllen, Texas
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
The Electrical Technician will be required to perform routine calibration, preventive maintenance and repairs to facility equipment, production equipment and utilities to support facility operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all mechanical and electrical equipment as required
- Trouble shoot problems in the event of equipment failure and recommend parts or solutions for effective repairs
- Sets up, calibrate, tests, measure and repair all types of electrical controls, instruments, and electronic components.
- Monitors controls and electrical equipment to ensure effective and efficient service.
- Collects equipment operation history and data to facilitate reliability improvements.
- Assist facility technicians and engineers in trouble shooting and diagnostic analysis
- Utilize instruments, electronic schematics and basic facility tools as needed
- Read, write and assess drawings and mathematical formulas to determine equipment problems.
- Maintain and control work order system and spare parts inventory
- Develops operating procedures for facility equipment to ensure consistent and safe operation
- Trains and develops other employees in performing preventive maintenance and routine equipment service activities
- Must follow all instruction related to Food Defense, Good Manufacturing Practices, and HACCP program. Everyone at STS is must report to the Food Safety Department or their direct supervisor any problem or irregular situation related to food safety.
- Responsible for proper use of all mixing chemicals used in the maintenance process, cleaning/sanitation procedure.
- Maintain logs and documents related with food safety. Keeping all MSDS information for the product that they use.
- Must be willing to work overtime weekends, holidays and varying shifts as required
- Required to follow all quality system requirements for position and facility operations
- Required to comply with and ensure all general safety, OSHA, USDA/APHIS, FDA and State of Texas regulations for position and facility operations.
- High School diploma, technical school and/or military training and experience in relevant field
- 3-5 years of manufacturing or facility work performing instrumentation and calibrations
- Understanding of
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position most of the time. The employee must be able to move from location to location, operate, detect, diagnose, remove, install, modify, use and control machinery, equipment and tools in work environment. Constantly positions self to maintain, operate and assess equipment, including underneath, inside, beside and above. Must be able to frequently ascend and descend spiraling staircases and work in confined spaces. Must be able to communicate, detect, discern and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This job includes close vision and adjusting focus to detect, discern, operate and inspect. The employee is regularly exposed to energized electrical gear, moving mechanical parts, tools and vehicles. Is occasionally exposed to low permissible levels of ionizing radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Constant work temperature averages 41F.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter specifically noting the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org
ScanTech Sciences HQ
4940 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30071
Rio Grande Valley ECP™ Center
6800 South International Parkway
McAllen, TX 78503