Ready to join an exceptional team?
ECP™ System Operator
Location: McAllen, Texas
Reports to: Facility Operations Manager or ECP Shift Supervisor
Responsible for managing, maintaining, and directing operations of Electronic Cold-Pasteurization™ systems to ensure proper processing of products in accordance with guidelines and required procedures. Analyze and determine overall system effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for shift production performance, safety, and security.
- Make deductions, adjust controls, and operate ECP systems in accordance with procedures.
- Analyze critical operating parameters to ensure proper ECP equipment operation and product processing.
- Verify that products are in compliance with USDA/CBP/FDA and SOP specifications.
- Support Lead Dosimetrist / Dosimetry staff in the processing of tests and interpretation of results.
- Assess, calculate, and determine equipment adjustments and material requirements.
- Observe production operation to detect product defects or equipment malfunction.
- Verify product dimensions to ensure accuracy of ECP system operation.
- Assist with maintenance and engineering staff in performing preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Responsible for taking proper action in case of emergency situations.
- Complete work orders as assigned by supervisor.
- Facilitate visitor tours of ECP system operations.
- Required to follow all quality system requirements for position and facility operations.
- Required to comply with and ensure all general safety, OSHA, USDA/APHIS, FDA, and State of Texas regulations for position and facility operations.
- Must follow all instruction related to Food Defense, Good Manufacturing Practices, and HACCP program. Everyone at STS must report to the Food Safety Department or their direct supervisor any problem or irregular situation related to food safety.
- B.S. in math, science, or engineering required.
- Or B.S., three to five years related experience and/or training.
- Must speak English. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Experience with electrical and/or RF systems a plus.
- Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations and accurately record data.
- Must have common sense and understanding to carry out simple and complex instructions and the ability to troubleshoot various situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other team members and employees.
- Must be willing to work overtime weekends, holidays, and varying shifts as required.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must be able to successfully complete Dosimetry training/certification.
- Must be able to successfully complete ECP system (LINAC) training/certification.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position most of the time. The employee must be able to move from location to location, operate, detect, diagnose, remove, install, modify, use, and control machinery, equipment, and tools in work environment. Constantly position self to maintain, operate, and assess equipment, including underneath, inside, beside, and above. Must be able to frequently ascend and descend spiraling staircases and work in confined spaces. Must be able to communicate, detect, discern, and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This job includes close vision and adjusting focus to detect, discern, operate, and inspect. The employee is regularly exposed to energized electrical gear, moving mechanical parts, tools, and vehicles. Is occasionally exposed to low permissible levels of ionizing radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Constant work temperature averages 41F.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter specifically noting the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org
ScanTech Sciences HQ
4940 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30071
Rio Grande Valley ECP™ Center
6800 South International Pkwy
McAllen, TX 78503