Ready to join an exceptional team?
Location: McAllen, Texas
Reports to: Facility Operations Manager or ECP Shift Supervisor
Operates Electronic Cold-Pasteurization (ECP) systems to assure proper processing of products in accordance with written procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for shift production performance, safety, and security.
- Adjusts controls and operates ECP systems in accordance with written procedures.
- Monitors critical operating parameters to ensure proper ECP equipment operation and product processing
- Processes products in compliance with USDA/ CBP/ FDA and SOP specifications
- Supports Lead Dosimetrist/ Dosimetry staff in the processing of dosimeters to ensure proper dose
- Supports Quality Assurance staff in the processing of tests
- Reads job specifications to determine equipment adjustments and material requirements
- Observes production operation to detect product defects or equipment malfunction
- Verifies product dimensions to assure accuracy of ECP system operation
- Assists maintenance & engineering staff in performing preventative maintenance and repairs
- Responsible for taking proper action in case of an emergency situations
- Completes work orders as assigned by supervisor
- Completes preventative maintenance as assigned by supervisor (took out. Same function above)
- Facilitates visitor tours of ECP system operations
- Required to follow all quality system requirements for position and facility operations
- Required to comply with and ensure all general safety, OSHA, USDA/APHIS, FDA and State of Texas regulations for position and facility operations.
- Must follow all instruction related to Food Defense, Good Manufacturing Practices, and HACCP programs. Must report to the Food Safety Department or their direct supervisor any problem or irregular situation related to food safety.
- B.S. in math, science, or engineering a plus.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must speak English. Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- Experience with electrical and/ or RF systems a plus
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations and accurately record data
- Must have common sense and understanding to carry out simple and complex instructions and ability to troubleshoot various situations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other team members and employees
- Must be willing to work overtime weekends, holidays and varying shifts as required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must be able to successfully complete Dosimetry training/certification
- Must be able to successfully complete ECP system (LINAC) training/ certification
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position most of the time. The employee must be able to move from location to location, operate, detect, diagnose, remove, install, modify, use and control machinery, equipment and tools in work environment. Constantly positions self to maintain, operate and assess equipment, including underneath, inside, beside and above. Must be able to frequently ascend and descend spiraling staircases and work in confined spaces. Must be able to communicate, detect, discern and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This job includes close vision and adjusting focus to detect, discern, operate and inspect. The employee is regularly exposed to energized electrical gear, moving mechanical parts, tools and vehicles. Is occasionally exposed to low permissible levels of ionizing radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Constant work temperature averages 41F.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter specifically noting the position you are applying for to email@example.com
ScanTech Sciences HQ
4940 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30071
Rio Grande Valley ECP™ Center
6800 South International Pkwy
McAllen, TX 78503