Ready to join an exceptional team?
Location: McAllen, Texas
Reports to: Lead Dosimetrist
Administer and operate dosimetry equipment per ISO/ ASTM standards to ensure the proper dose delivery of products. Design treatment plans by means of computer and/or manual computation with optimal beam geometry to deliver a prescribed radiation dose in accordance with Electronic Cold-Pasteurization methodology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate EPR scanning equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s procedures
- Create dose plans for all commodities at the facility
- Supervise, perform or assist in the planning and implementation of proper dose delivery with ECP system
- Perform calculations for the accurate delivery of the prescribed dose, document all pertinent information and verify the mathematical accuracy of calculations by an approved method
- Investigate and document various packaging materials under FDA approval
- Provide assistance and technical support to the team in radiation safety and protection, qualitative machine calibrations, quality assurance of treatment plans and radiation equipment
- Supervise, perform or assist in the application of specific methods of food and/or beam dosimetry as directed
- Assist in ECP procedures by performing treatment planning and dose calculations
- Utilize radiation-monitoring devices to measure radioactivity and perform assays
- Must follow all instruction related to Food Defense, Good Manufacturing Practices, and HACCP program
- Must report to the Food Safety Department or direct supervisor any problem or irregular situation at their work location
- Implement and enforce security and food safety standards, policies, and programs related to HACCP, and third-party standards, regulatory standards, food safety training programs, product inspections, and any work instructions
- Must be willing to work overtime weekends, holidays and varying shifts as required
- Required to follow all quality system requirements for position and facility operations
- Required to comply with and ensure all general safety, OSHA, USDA/APHIS, FDA and State of Texas regulations for position and facility operations
- B.S. Math, Science or relevant field of study
- Familiar with ISO/ ASTM standards
- Certification from the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB); (preferred)
- Expertise in food health safety and treatment plans
- Knowledgeable in food and health safety informatics – including resources, devices, and methods to acquire, store and retrieve data
- High level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Works independently but in collaboration with Lead Dosimetrist and Director of Food Safety
- Has the ability to interpret criteria and develop treatment plans as defined by relevant treatment protocols
- Has strong mathematical skills including algebra, trigonometry, and calculus
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position most of the time. The employee must be able to move from location to location, operate, detect, diagnose, remove, install, modify, use and control machinery, equipment, and tools in the work environment. Constantly positions self to maintain, operate and assess equipment, including underneath, inside, beside and above. Must be able to frequently ascend and descend spiraling staircases and work in confined spaces. Must be able to communicate, detect, discern and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This job includes close vision and adjusting focus to detect, discern, operate and inspect. The employee is regularly exposed to energized electrical gear, moving mechanical parts, tools, and vehicles. Is occasionally exposed to low permissible levels of ionizing radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Constant work temperature averages 41F.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter specifically noting the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org
ScanTech Sciences HQ
4940 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30071
Rio Grande Valley ECP™ Center
6800 South International Parkway
McAllen, TX 78503